Marketing Intern (CRM)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
This Marketing Intern will report into the Marketing Manager, working cross functionally throughout marketing and product teams, including exposure to Brand, Partnerships, Creative, PR, and many other teams within the organization. As a Marketing Intern, you will be responsible for email analysis to help the CRM team understand the competitive landscape and what types of competitive email programs exist. By the end of the internship, there should be a comprehensive competitive analysis along with recommendations for future areas of opportunity for Grubhub email programs.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Key questions the analysis should answer to help inform email strategy:
- What types of promotions do competitors use in ad copy and when?
- What are the different onboarding email communication strategies for our competitors?
- What are our competitors programmatic email programs?
- How does competitive email send volume and send times compare to GH/S
- Where do competitive emails link to?
- Are their different programs from what we’re currently running?
- What are competitive CRM processes and how can we leverage them?
- How are we differentiated from our top competitors?
You Should Have
- Coursework emphasis in marketing and communications strongly preferred
- Basic email best practice knowledge
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to analyze large data sets
- Ability to assist with email builds
- Comfort creating and presenting findings - good oral and written communication skills
- Close attention to detail and work well under time constraints
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.