Marketing Intern | Summer 2018
VillageMD (VMD) is a primary care-focused management services company that enables primary care physicians to deliver the highest quality care to their patients. VMD supports primary care providers with data, best practice clinical models, tools, technology, and resources to care for chronically ill patients better and to help slow the onset of disease for healthy patients. A fast-paced, dynamic environment, the VillageMD team is passionate about helping physicians transform healthcare delivery through a company platform that encourages collaborative contribution and direct business impact.
As VillageMD continues to grow, we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic college student who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to join our team this summer. As an intern on our Marketing team, you will work on a variety of relevant projects directly with our Marketing Manager. You’ll will be afforded opportunities to work in high exposure roles by conducting analyses, supporting internal business partners, sharing creative ideas, and collaborating on critical projects. You’ll manage real business projects and have the chance to present your recommendations and results to leadership. In other words, the work you’ll be doing will impact our business and be noticed!
While this internship will be dynamic in nature, specific projects and responsibilities include:
- Directly supporting the execution of key marketing deliverables, including copy creation, image selection, and creative options
- Conducting research for decision support, including marketing campaign effectiveness, competitor analyses, and industry best practices
- Contributing to the social media plan, including content creation
- Organizing and supporting the delivery of key marketing initiatives across multiple channels including but not limited to web, social, and sales
- Assisting on corporate special projects as necessary
What will you gain from this internship opportunity?
- Overall understanding of company and departmental objectives
- Experience in B2B and B2C marketing
- Presentation, professional communication, and analytical skills
- Refine your ability to lead, make decisions, problem solve, and think creatively
- Opportunity to work with professionals and leadership across various functions
- Mentorship, real-time feedback, and ample opportunity for professional and career development
- Interaction with executive leadership team through program events and final project presentation
Who are we looking for?
- Students currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related major such as marketing, business, entrepreneurship, communications, etc., at an accredited college or university in the Chicago area.
- Strong written communication skills are especially important, in addition to exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Students with a graduation date between December 2017 and June 2018
- Team-oriented approach to working with others
- High energy, intellectual curiosity, and a consultative approach to problem-solving
- Ability and interest in taking initiative and working independently once initial guidance is provided by leadership
- Comfortable handling multiple projects with ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time
- Comfortable with ambiguity and tackling new tasks with guidance and feedback
- Demonstrate humility through low ego and ability to engender trust and respect with peers
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word preferred
VillageMD is a leading provider of primary care management services for healthcare organizations moving toward a primary care-led, high-value clinical model. The VillageMD solution provides data analytics, a physician-based care coordination model, and on-the-ground support resources to make improvements at the point of care, resulting in high quality clinical outcomes for all patients. VillageMD also provides access to value-based reimbursement contracts that reward physicians for delivering high quality, cost effective care. VillageMD works with physician groups, independent practice associations, and health systems to improve quality, deliver a first-rate patient experience, and lower total medical costs in the communities they serve.