Marketing Intern - Summer 2021 at SMS Assist
SMS Assist is looking for a Marketing Intern for our 2021 Summer Internship program!
This is a full time, non-exempt position
The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June 14th – August 20th. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. At SMS Assist, the internship program is about developing yourself while having a real, memorable, and fun career experience.
Each intern in our summer group goes through one week of training together as a cohort and are placed in one of our departments, where they’ll spend their time throughout the summer. During the internship, the program interns will work together on an SMS Assist business case and they will present their findings and ideas at the conclusion of the internship for SMS Assist leadership and other key team members. Of course, we have some fun virtual social events thrown in there as well!
Core Responsibilities of the Marketing Intern
- Learn about marketing, design, graphics and communications
- Marketing Campaigns – Assist in planning and executing marketing campaigns via email and web channels in support of events, webinars, surveys, demand generation, product updates and customer/Affiliate engagement
- Market Research – Help collect, analyze and present data to inform and drive campaigns, content and overall marketing strategy.
- Marketing Analytics – Help create reports that measure marketing performance
- Marketing Support – collaborate with internal departments to create & deliver different marketing requests
Key Competencies of the Marketing Intern
- A passion for digital marketing and technology
- The ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- A keen eye for details
- Solid research and analytical skills
- Knowledgeable and experienced with social media channels
Education and Experience
- Must be a rising junior or senior enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Traits: Self-starter, creative, and team-player
- Interest in marketing, writing, video, design, communications, or journalism
- Must be able to start the SMS Assist Summer Internship program on June 14th, 2021 and continue with the internship program until it commences on August 20th, 2021
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full time non-exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- The 10-week internship program runs from June 14th– August 20th
- Internally this position is known as Intern
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.