MBA Accountant Intern at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
We are looking for an Accounting Intern to join our team. This role will report directly to our Controller. The intern will own numerous aspects of the accounting close process, reporting, and analyses as an integral member of the team. Interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our accounting department goals.
This is a 14-week training program that will be unpaid. Applications must be local to Chicago. The program will take place summer 2020.
What you’re most excited for:
- Preform accounting support, analysis and reconciliations
- Be highly engaged in day-to-day Accounting operations activities
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations timely and accurately
- Assist with ad hoc projects, including process documentation and updates, as assigned
- Work on a long-term project that will be presented companywide at the end of the internship
- Currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Accounting and/or sitting for their CPA
- Ability to be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- A passion for technology and being in start-up environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
project44 is the world’s leading advanced visibility platform for shippers and third-party logistics firms. project44 connects, automates and provides visibility into key transportation processes to accelerate insights and shorten the time it takes to turn those insights into actions. Leveraging the power of the project44 cloud-based platform, organizations are able to increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs, improve shipping performance, and deliver an exceptional Amazon-like experience to their customers.