Internships at OppFi
At OppFi, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you'll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you'll do within your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
You will report to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and will work across different Finance tasks:
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Focus on financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, high-level analytics, and cash forecasting.
- Capital Markets – Manages our capital and funding sources, raises capital and optimizes the liabilities side of our balance sheet.
- Corporate Strategy – Collect and analyze data which guides our strategic outlook.
- Develop dynamic driver-based, real-time financial modeling focused on projecting cash flow, income statement, and balance sheet impacts based across many scenarios.
- Evolve management reporting to 'public company' quality earnings releases with our recent SPAC combination to become a public company.
- Partner with the Capital Markets team on complex financing structures.
- Support investor relations activities including analyst communications and investor presentations.
- Establish and manage interest rate and other financial risks on the balance sheet; recommend and implement strategies to manage risks.
- Develop a competitive intelligence framework to benchmark company vs. the market.
- Develop a unit economic model to evaluate return on capital from different products and geographic markets.
- Graduating in June 2023 or December 2022.
- Pursuing Masters in Business Administration in Finance, or equivalent work/internship experience.
- Convert financial and accounting data into business information.
- Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions) modeling skills.
- Experience with financial planning tools (e.g. Essbase, Adaptive Insights).
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]