The Program: At Morningstar, we want people who are smart, creative, hard-working, curious, and passionate about their work. We hire all majors, including liberal arts, as we appreciate the different perspectives they bring to our company. We built the Morningstar Development Program to prepare recent college graduates for successful, long-term careers here at Morningstar. Throughout this two-year program, you will be placed in a cohort where you’ll receive ongoing career development, networking, mentoring, training opportunities, apprenticeship program opportunities, and exposure to different areas of the business to help you succeed at Morningstar.
The Role: We are accepting applicants with zero to two years of full-time work experience. While we look for individuals who have an interest in investing, we welcome all fields of study. If you are selected for the program, your first placement will be as a Customer Support Representative. Customer support provides you with experience learning about Morningstar’s business, directly interacting with our clients, and building your knowledge about Morningstar’s data, products, and research. After your first placement in Customer Support, MDPs are encouraged to rotate to one to two other areas of Morningstar’s business. Past MDP participants have moved into roles research, data, investment analysis, talent & culture, marketing, sales, and beyond. All positions are based in our Chicago office.
Equity Research Track: If you receive an offer to Morningstar Development Program, you will have the opportunity to test and interview into our Associate Equity Research Track. The Equity Research team is looking for a highly motivated Associate Equity Analyst to facilitate coverage of stocks. The associate will have opportunities to contribute materially to topical and thematic research, and substantially assist with coverage on a variety of firms in a particular sector. Willingness to learn financial modeling skills and discounted cash flow modeling techniques is expected. Excel proficiency is required.
- Build deep expertise in Morningstar’s data, products, and research
- Directly interact with Morningstar’s clients, including advisors, and individual and institutional investors
- Contribute to ongoing training sessions and stretch projects while developing a strong foundation of knowledge to build on and use in your Morningstar career
- Develop both analytical and communication skills by navigating Morningstar products and providing the best customer experience to our clients
- Ability to adapt well to different situations and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Creativity and good analytical ability
- A bachelor’s degree
A cover letter is required. Indicate your earliest available start date and cumulative GPA in your required cover letter.
Please note, this position is for a 2021 start date.