Morningstar Summer Internship Program at Morningstar
Morningstar brings people together with a singular goal in mind—to empower investor success. From individual investors to portfolio managers—we live to create transparency, always focused on bringing clarity to complexity and creating tools that support millions of investors in ways that excite, inform and create long-term success. Our people have helped millions of investors around the world by thinking independently, by being passionate entrepreneurs applying research insights to data and building software that helps investors succeed. Our team is built around technology, research, and design. We want great people who are curious, who love to share new ideas and perspectives and who are exceptional at every turn. It’s that simple.
The Program: We created the Morningstar Summer Internship Program for college students entering their final year as a first step towards successful, long-term careers in any professional field. Participants will contribute to different aspects of Morningstar’s business through ten-week- individual and group projects, learning about the financial services and securities industries and gaining critical business development skills. You will also receive hands-on mentoring from your colleagues and the Talent & Culture team to help you succeed at Morningstar.
The Role: The Morningstar Summer Internship Program is accepting applicants graduating in 2021. We are looking for students in all fields of study with a demonstrated interest in investing and the financial services industry. Successful applicants will be assigned meaningful work suitable for their background. The program advisors and mentors will meet with you regularly to identify and develop your summer goals. Summer interns have the opportunity to apply directly to the Morningstar Development Program after graduation. All positions are based in our Chicago office.
• Address a specific Morningstar business problem through thoughtful research, analysis, and creative thinking in an individual project.
• Collaborate on a ten-week-long group case study and present the results to senior leaders, stakeholders, and managers.
• Participate in training sessions with Morningstar employees across the company spectrum, building a foundation of knowledge to develop throughout your Morningstar career.
• An outstanding academic record.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to adapt well to different situations and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
• Applications will not be considered without a cover letter. Please note, you can submit your cover letter in the same submission field for resumes.
• Currently enrolled in full-time bachelor’s degree program, graduating in the spring or summer of 2021.
Please indicate your earliest available start date and cumulative GPA in your resume or cover letter.
All candidates must apply online in order to be considered for the program.