Operations Data Intern at Braintree
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your rideshare -- or the condo you rented this weekend -- without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Operations Data Internship
This 10 week internship will take place in our Chicago office. You will be a part of our Support team which acts as the front-line helping merchants navigate our products, integrate with our technology, and problem-solve a wide range of technical issues. Our Support team isn’t your average call center team: they are highly motivated, technically proficient, and stakeholders in company initiatives -- we’d expect you to be as well. Day-to-day, you’ll be helping the team by diving into untapped data, telling its story, and helping leaders utilize findings by making them digestible.
- Demonstrate and be a model for Braintree’s Values of Ask Why, Care A Lot, and Solve Together
- Be a fresh set of eyes: Look at the data as an outsider and force us to think different
- Be comfortable giving and receiving feedback while in pursuit of a common goal
- Possess a fierce work ethic and curiosity in all things data-related (analysis, data science, modelling, automation, visualization, storytelling, etc.)
- Proactively seek out opportunities to research and advocate for ways to make our processes better
Care, A Lot
- Strong focus on data accessibility and creating tools and methods that enable system change
- Have a genuine interest in positively impacting individuals, teams, and merchants
- Complete your internship and leave a lasting impression
- Strong desire to collaborate with a cast of individuals and teams that could change daily
- Boldly insert yourself into the Braintree ecosystem to pair up with essential collaborators across the organization
- Ability to be productive almost immediately as you partner with knowledge experts
- Be someone who believes in Braintree’s Values of Ask Why, Care, A Lot, and Solve Together
- Be a self-starter, self-learner, and possess incredible resourcefulness
- Ambitious, organized, and ready to work
- Course study related to information systems or data analysis
- Experience with Excel and SQL
- Have a keen interest in technology
- Have a strong desire to provide meaningful information in order to strengthen our business
- Undergraduate juniors or seniors OR students currently enrolled in a relevant Masters program
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!