Operations Intern - Summer 2019 at SMS Assist
SMS Assist is looking for Operations Interns for our 2019 Summer Internship program!
The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June 3rd –August 9th. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. Each intern in our summer group goes through one week of training together as a cohort and are placed in one of our departments, where they’ll spend around 75% of their time throughout the summer. The other 25% is spent engaging in intern-specific activities and learning opportunities, such as executive lunch & learns, personal development workshops, and access throughout the company for informational interviews. During the internship, the program interns will work together on an SMS Assist business case and they will present their findings and ideas at the conclusion of the internship for SMS Assist leadership and other key team members. Of course, we have some fun social events thrown in there as well!
- This is a full time, exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June-August. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. At SMS Assist, the internship program is about developing yourself while having a real, memorable, and fun career experience.
The internship role can be in a variety of departments including Customer Relationship Management, Robotic Process Automation, and Recurring Services.
- Interact with customers and affiliates via phone and email.
- Research the viability of a new program, campaign, or initiative; compile and present statistics.
- Research and identify some important topics for your department and provide weekly reports.
- Scan industry media for news items; provide regularly scheduled updates.
- Accompany employees to client, sales, or other outside meetings and provide observations and input.
- Create support materials, such as charts, graphs, or other visuals.
- Plan and coordinate an event or meeting.
- Generate a marketing plan, financial forecast, or other report.
- Produce a video or slide presentation.
- Perform a study or survey; analyze and present results.
- Write internal communications.
- Source goods or search for lower-cost sources for high-volume materials.
- Database management
- Aid in the modification or enhancement of the internship program.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through telephone and email
- Proficient with Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be pro-active and have the ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Must be a rising junior or senior enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Traits: Attention to detail, team player, self-directed, and motivated
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.