Order Management Internship (Academic Year 2018/2019)
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in the oncology clinic.
This paid Summer Internship program provides the opportunity to work with cross functional teams and be exposed to various critical workflows within Tempus. Interns will be working closely with teams who support data intake and classification, as well as our clinical trials workflow.
- Work with our Clinical Resource Coordinators to support our lab in requesting samples and documents, items’ coordination and shipments.
- Communicate directly with various lab members to manage sample and document requests, handling, shipping and receiving.
- Manage all requisite paperwork and forms for each patient and maintain the patient database and folders accurately and timely.
- Respond to inquiries by phone, email and in person quickly and professionally.
- Work with our Clinical Trials team on populating and maintaining databases.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Working towards a 4 year college degree, preferably in Biological Sciences or similar.
- Experience working with JSON a strong plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, by telephone and email.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Show initiative and ability to work as part of a high-level team while working independently on mission-critical tasks.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail, general office equipment and software knowledge and computer proficiency.