Packaging Engineer Co-Op at RXBAR
We’re looking for a Packaging Engineer Co-Op to join our Research & Innovation Team in Chicago, IL. Here’s what that means in plain English:
- Day-to-day, you will use your knowledge and skills learned at school and in prior internships to develop and test projects from conception to final product.
- You are both an independent learner and a team player. You are flexible to support cross-functional teams as project needs arise and comfortable collaborating and sharing your ideas.
- You pay attention to details as you implement project plans according to set timelines, create trial protocols, support packaging piece for plant trials, and conduct/analyze all tests to ensure quality standards are met.
- You are currently a junior or senior student studying Packaging Engineering, and have had a prior co-op or internship in the field.
- You are available to work full time (40 hours/week) from June or July - December 2019 at the RXBAR HQ in Chicago, IL.
What’s important to the team?
This year, the packaging function of the Research & Innovation team is focused on designing and supporting primary and secondary packaging development for innovation, renovation, sustainability, and continuous improvement across multiple product categories. As a co-op, you will be part of bringing these things to life at RX.
Does this remind you of you? We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!
About us: RX is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS.
RX simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
Perks & Benefits: Competitive pay, unlimited products (for real), and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.