Part Time Legal Intern - Law & Regulatory Enforcement
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Legal Intern at our organization you will develop an efficient way to track changes in law and regulatory enforcement that will enable our organization to enhance our legal procedures.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing at VillageMD?
- Develop a process to monitor changes in law and regulatory enforcement
- Create a communication strategy to keep key stakeholders informed of changes
- Conduct research using online tools and other services
- Participate in business meetings and phone calls
- Provide support where needed
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative with very little direction
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- A comfort working remotely with the ability to communicate effectively with team members
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Successful completion of two years of law school with continued enrollment
- Experience with database creation and manipulation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work part-time at least 5 – 15 hours per week; flexible schedule
- Ability to start on June 1st, 2018 or sooner
- Paid Internship
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.