Part-Time Tech Internship (During Academic Year)
Located in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, PEAK6 is redefining what it means to be a FinTech firm. PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still, over 20 years later. We operate with a focused, entrepreneurial drive and we constantly push ourselves to think differently all the time.
Our Tech Internship will introduce you to the basics of FinTech and help you develop key software development skills that you’ll leverage throughout your career. You will explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that will benefit our trading business and investment companies.
You’ll be paired one-on-one with a mentor who will be dedicated to your learning and growth, and you’ll have an opportunity to interact and collaborate with our technologists on a daily basis. Our tech team is tight-knit, supportive, and highly collaborative – everyone is invested in each other’s and the team’s success.
If you’re concerned about not having the right experience, don’t worry—we’ll teach you everything you need to know!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing innovative tools to integrate into our proprietary trading platform. Examples include automated trading strategies, low-latency market data streams, and data analysis and visualization tools
- Working closely within small development teams and collaborating with our trading and support teams
- Shadowing and training with members of our development, trading, and support teams to learn about our tech, our business, and the industry
You’ll gain loads of experience in our Tech Internship but before you do, you should have:
- A graduation date between December 2018 – June 2020 in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Software development skills in a modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Python, or Go, and the ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- The ability to work 15-20 hours per week during the 2018-2019 academic year
- Exceptional problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Curiosity to learn and a drive to improve
- Ability to thrive in collaborative environments
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability