PEAK6 Trading Experience for Women (Summer Internship)
Located in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, PEAK6 is redefining what it means to be an investment firm. We operate with a focused, entrepreneurial drive and we constantly push ourselves to think differently all the time.
We’ve taken our entrepreneurial drive and developed a new and unique, breakthrough trading experience designed specifically for women. Because we know women make outstanding traders, but there’s just not a lot of female traders in the field (yet). We want that to change. Starting today. Starting with you.
Our Trading Experience is designed to encourage smart, ambitious, competitive women to break the mold. We’ve heard all the myths about trading and traders—too cutthroat, too intense, too risky—just too much of a boy’s club. But this is mostly Hollywood being, well Hollywood (‘Wolf of Wall Street’ anyone?).
To us, investing in women is a solid strategy. Which is why our Trading Experience is designed to do just that—it’s customized to introduce you to the basics of trading, help you see how empowering trading can be, and help you develop key skills that you’ll leverage throughout your career (even if you decide trading isn’t for you). And, you’ll have an opportunity to interact & collaborate with real traders on a daily basis. So you can experience first-hand the level of collaboration and teamwork our traders embrace.
Sound intriguing? We’d love to hear from you. Participate in our 9-week Trading Experience with other ambitious women like you from all around the country. And if you’re concerned about not having the right experience, don’t be—we’ll teach you everything you need to know!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and genuinely interested in data. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas of improvement.
- Is ambitious. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, beating them, and helping your teammates do the same. Your work ethic is legendary.
- Loves data. You use data to find new opportunities and take smart risks. You follow your instincts, but support your ideas with data.
- Is courageous. You’re willing to challenge the status quo. You trust your instincts and will say what you think, even if it’s controversial. You’re a born leader.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
- Open to current Juniors (graduating December 2018 – June 2019)
- Preferred fields of study: Economics, Engineering, Business, Finance
- Minimum GPA: 3.5
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Thrives in collaborative environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills