Product Design Intern - Summer 2021 Internship at PEAK6
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. Designed for rising college seniors, the PEAK6 2021 Product Design internship is a highly engaging summer program that will develop your product design and professional skills. You’ll work with a group of Product Managers, Engineering Teams, and Designers delivering web-based applications that power the robust PEAK6 trading platform. Our goal is to enable our end users (traders and trading support teams) to excel in service to our customers.
What you’ll do all day:
- Work with Product Designers to translate concepts into wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineering teams to build a powerful and interesting user-centered designs for application experiences and reusable systems
- Communicate design decisions to teams and management via understandable and actionable high-fidelity designs and design systems
- Develop and present flows for trading experiences across a variety of new components, apps, and platforms
- Conduct research to inform the overall viability of new products for traders and trading support as well as to inform design and user experience approach
- Be mentored by a member of the team to help you reach your full potential
What you need to succeed:
- Junior standing in pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree graduating between December 2021 and June 2022
- A portfolio which demonstrates strong conceptual skills with a diverse range of visual styles
- Ability to understand agile workflows and iteratively design user experiences that meet user needs.
- 1+ years in user experience and/or product design in using design best practices to design solutions
- Interest in expert systems and data-dense software
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and non-designers (product managers)
- Ability to self-manage time and work
- Interest in trading & finance industry is a bonus but not required
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.