Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
The Product Design Intern will assist in the ongoing design of features, and applications for the project44 product suite and provide functional support for the company’s user research program. The ideal candidate will be comfortable designing digital products and should have a passion for web usability and interaction design. We're looking for someone who wants to continue their design education in a collaborative hands-on environment, working directly with usability researchers and product designers.
This is a 14-week training program that will be unpaid. Applications must be local to Chicago. The program will take place summer 2020.
What you’re most excited about:
- Create new concepts with wireframes, producing high-fidelity mockups focused on customer needs for either pitch or production
- Crafting visuals that help illustrate and help reinforce storytelling from end-to-end
- Experience the design and discovery processes that exist in a real hyper-growth SaaS start-up
- Work on a long-term project that will be presented companywide at the end of the internship
- Upcoming senior or recent graduate degree in the fields of Graphic/Visual Design, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related disciplines. Strong understanding of a user-centered approach to design
- Proven experience in the field of User Experience and Product design. Must show a portfolio of completed digital projects that address real user needs and solves for it through a product user experience.
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, and bring a willingness to learn through design thinking and execution. Open to learn and actively seeking feedback and advice from peers.
- Understands user interface design, heuristic methods, or other usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies, including social networking and messaging information architecture and other productivity applications
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.