Product Experience Operations Intern at DocuSign
Product Experience Operations Intern | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The DocuSign Product Experience Operations summer internship program is a perfect opportunity for current students to experience the real world of design and research operations inside a highly successful digital product organization. You will actively engage in and contribute to the work of a talented, deeply experienced Operations team in partnership with Design and Research leadership and team members.
DocuSign is a deeply customer-centric company and UX research is vital to the work of the Product Experience team. You may help plan, recruit for and coordinate generative research to answer the big questions or user testing to help the team get valuable feedback on their product designs.
The Product Experience Operations teams enables product designers and managers to focus on doing their best work. You may help with redefining the processes and best practices that support teams and their work, making sure we have the right team rhythms and rituals or measuring team health and impact through metrics.
About the Team
You will be a member of the Product Experience Operations team, part of the Product Experience team within the DocuSign Product Development organization. You will gain insight into how Product Experience, Product Management and Engineering work together to define, design, build and ship high-quality digital products and how Operations helps teams work more effectively together.
You will report to the Sr Design Operations Specialist who will guide you through projects and provide ongoing mentorship throughout the summer. You will be a fully active member of the Product Experience Operations team. This role is located at the DocuSign office near the San Francisco waterfront.
- Be an active member of the Product Experience Operations team and collaborate with Design and Research team members
- Work on real Product Experience Operations projects that can have a tangible impact on our Product Experience team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in projects that fall within our People / Practice / Portfolio framework for Operations, including Recruiting & Onboarding, Budget Management, Process & Planning Frameworks, Metrics, Team Health, Research Coordination, Research Recruiting and other areas
- Receive coaching, mentorship and learn from experienced members of the team
- Plan and perform operations work and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and team members
- Help identify opportunities for improvement in how the Product Experience Operations team supports the Product Experience organization and teams
- Attend team meetings, workshops and events
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or trade school in an undergraduate or graduate program. Students who are within one year of graduation preferred. Recent graduates can be considered.
- We are looking for people focused on the following areas: design strategy, interaction design, research, project management or related field
- Familiar with common design or research processes
- Familiar with Google docs and standard design tools or research tools
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- Familiar with interaction design, UX research or operations within a design, research or similar digital product organization
- Possess a deep interest in and curiosity about design and research operations
- Be willing to experiment and learn, be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty and have a problem solving mentality
- Have a naturally collaborative spirit and be willing to work with staff and teams to listen, learn and help
- Be comfortable independently managing your time, prioritizing tasks and working within deadlines
- Familiarity with Confluence or Jira
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.