Product Management Intern at Rheaply
Hi, we’re Rheaply 👋
Over the past year, the world has cultivated a new sense of appreciation for everyday stuff. With global supply chains collapsing and operating budgets shrinking across the board, we have seen the demand for goods and services skyrocket. The obvious solution to being more resourceful and cost-conscious has been to increase the value of everything already around us. At Rheaply, we’re helping organizations do that by developing better inventory management and resource sharing tools. Although rewarding, this problem is not ours alone to solve, which is why we need extraordinary talented people like you to join our team. While we’re also excited to one day meet in person (and hopefully soon!), we are ready to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding process remotely.
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for researchers to share their ideas and surplus resources with colleagues to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access resources and expertise from colleagues in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
As we continue to expand our business, we are seeking a talented, sustainability-driven product management intern to work with our product teams on new features that augment our business model and support our brand narrative.
What You’ll do:
The Rheaply Spring 2021 Product Internship will focus on the research and development of a new product feature: integrating sustainability data capture, reporting and actions. Please note this is a paid 3 month internship with a start date of February 1st, 2021, and an average of 25 hours per week.
Customer and user centered:
- Drive customer discovery sessions along with designers to empathize with users and gain a deep understanding of user needs
- Deeply understanding user demographics and behavior, through interviews, surveys, and product data
- Uncover customer priorities and requirements that would contribute to product adoption
- Facilitate the design, development and launch of the new features
- Create a feature roadmap and plan
- Work closely with engineering and design to build the product via sprint planning, and ongoing requirement clarification
Achieve business goals:
- Identify both near-term and strategic initiatives and experiments to evolve our monetization strategy, drive subscription growth, and improve conversion
- Increase growth opportunities throughout the product experience
- Balance between user needs and business goals while questioning and validating assumptions
What You’ll Need:
- Thrive working independently in a fast-paced, changing and exciting startup environment
- Comfortable with diving into new ideas and learning new skill sets on the fly
- Self-motivated and organized with sharp project & time management skills
- Displays critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extremely goal-oriented with a positive attitude and high energy
- “Yes, and” mentality in design with the ability to understand requests and what is needed in addition to and beyond what is asked
- A demonstrated interest in sustainability or the circular economy (e.g., coursework, work or internship experience, involvement in student groups)
- A scrappy, motivated team player able to lead and contribute to a diverse set of knowledge and backgrounds.
- A builder who is able to pivot to the needs of a growing business and culture.
- Curious, research focused and ready to learn.
- Living Rheaply’s Core Values. (see below)
At Rheaply, we envision a world where all assets and resources are highly visible, searchable, and reusable. Oh, and we love what we do, like, really love what we do. So, join us today to help us achieve our mission!
Rheaply’s Core Values
At Rheaply, we thrive to provide the most seamless experience for our AxM users, enabling our client organizations to achieve full utilization of their assets, thereby reducing costs and waste by keeping valuable resources in circulation. As a team, we pledge to execute our work in accordance with our seven Core Values.
- We Listen To and Delight Our Users -- Our users are our most important stakeholders. We strive to provide the most seamless user experience and value to our users across client organizations. We do our best to have empathy for their problems and challenges. We listen to users’ feedback and provide timely responses to questions and needs.
- We Encourage Individual Team Member Growth, Innovation, And Happiness -- Our people are our most valuable assets. Rheaply’s success is dependent upon the collective drive, intelligence, curiosities and contributions of all of our team members. We care for the wellbeing of each team member and ensure that they have the support and mentorship they need to succeed at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Value Transparency, Humility, and Open Communication -- The key determinant to our successful market execution is our ability to communicate and share successes, learnings, insights, struggles, and solutions across our teams. At Rheaply, we strive to cultivate a culture of intelligence with humility. We care about hearing each member’s voice and understanding his or her unique perspective.
- We Care About Our Communities And The Environment -- Rheaply is driven by the mission to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate our transition to a circular economy. We strive to live by our mission of promoting environmental awareness and waste reduction in our decisions and actions at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Promote A Collaborative Culture of Learning and Problem-Solving -- Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, from our clients, and from our competitors. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
- We Are Tenacious and We Own Our Work -- At Rheaply, we are dedicated to enabling the transition to a more circular world. We are relentless about our mission and vision. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions, both internally and in the market.
- We Strive To Be Helpful -- We view all the work we do at Rheaply as daily, non-stop efforts to help and support each other, our clients, our users, our partners, and our shared environment.
Rheaply, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors.