Product Management Internship - 2020
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
Civis Analytics is building cloud-based products to help organizations do data science better and more easily. As a Product Management intern, you will work with our Engineering, Design, Data Science, Sales, and Marketing teams to evolve the software for one of our key products.
You'll get to experience the pace and opportunity of a startup while receiving excellent mentorship in product management. If you are a college student who thrives on working on everything from idea to execution, we want to talk to you.
Our summer internships are a full-time, 10 week commitment with two start dates to accommodate both semester and quarter students. Civis is looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
You’ll be a great fit at Civis Analytics if you have:
- Aptitude to quickly learn agile principles, processes, and development
- Ability to break down problems into clear user stories, prioritize them, and works closely with Design, Engineering, and Data Science to drive them to completion
- A track record of being a great communicator and self starter who isn’t afraid to get in the weeds and truly understand the product you are building
- A passion to pursue voice of the customer, including: market research and soliciting user feedback
- Strong project management skills
- Empathy towards users
- An interest and passion for data and data science products
- Strong interest in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- Basic understanding of roadmapping
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience with data or analytics technologies
Who we are
At Civis, our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
- A competitive hourly rate with an additional moving stipend
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW