Quality Assurance Engineering Intern at NowPow
Position Title: QA Engineering Intern
Reports to: QA Engineer
Collaborates with: Engineering Team, Product Management department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineering Intern to join our Technology Department. You will work with the engineering team to help execute our agile testing strategy with our releases. In addition, you will help us expand and maintain a test automation framework and compose automated tests for our NowPow platform. A good candidate will be excited to take on new challenges, be able to implement test strategies, and be ready to jump into the details of the test execution.
- Work with the Engineering and Product team to help execute the test plans for each NowPow release.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers.
- Develop Test plans and Test cases for the functional areas to be tested.
- Execute test cases during the development sprints and document results.
- Expand our test automation strategy with the Engineering team
- Design, build and maintain a test automation suite
- Participate in the regression testing of the product
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Provide feedback for improving development processes.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Work with the Customer Support team to reproduce customer problems and to provide solutions to customers
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
- Enrolled in a quantitative degree - computer science, or equivalent.
- Experience with Web UI Technologies and Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with new technologies.
- Passion to build great software.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries and experience with SQL Server a plus.
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly