R&D / Data Science Internship (Summer 2019)
Job Description Summary
Joining CCC as summer R&D or Data Science intern, you will work with cross-functional teams in an agile environment and contribute to building cutting-edge software for a leading SaaS company. You will work on a variety of projects depending on your team.
Please note, there will be no housing provided for out of state candidates.
This opportunity is a paid, full-time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming CCC Jumpstart class:
• Computer Vision
• Data Classification
• Photo Analytics
• Machine Learning
Building machine learning models and deploying them as products for our auto-insurance carriers. This can be done in traditional machine learning or in visualization such as deep learning.
There are additional projects currently in flight here at CCC, but we wanted to give you an idea of the type of work our R&D and Data Science team members work on.
If you have completed your junior year at a top-tier university, have a Masters, and/or PhD, and have demonstrated excellence in your academic studies, this opportunity is right for you. We are looking for candidates who offer strong collaborative skills and work well with a team. A strong interest in computer science and/or related fields is essential to the success of each intern.
If you have knowledge, through coursework or project work, of Python, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Mathematics, or Statistics Modeling related packages in Python, this opportunity is right for you.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!
- May 20th, 2019 - August 16th, 2019
- June 24th, 2019 – September 13th, 2019
- Prescriptive Review: creating the ability and technology to predict each line in a work-order that is filed when a car is damaged. Here, you will use Machine Learning and 40+ years of historical CCC data to predict how we can save insurance companies money by using a different parts or a certain labor tools. Goal is to have a higher quality on repair orders for all parties involved
- Applying deep learning to claim imaging data - using photos of damaged cars to predict what parts that need to be replaced, if a car is a total loss or repairable, finding the severity of the damage using machine learning and AI data insights. The amount of property, casualty, car photos, and data that CCC has the ability to harness is one of the biggest competitive advantages
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities