R&D Internship - Mechanical Engineer at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with strong background in finite element analysis (FEA) for an internship position. The intern will work with a group of Mechanical and Software Engineers and Data Scientists in the Research and Development (R&D) team. They will come up with ideas, experiment with them, and try to bring them to a product level. The focus of this job is on both FEA simulations and data analysis. A qualified candidate has extensive experience in FEA and structural mechanics looking to work in a fast-paced research environment. Experience in data science is highly favorable.
- Performs Finite Element modeling and simulations.
- Works with pre-processing software and prepare FEA models.
- Performs post-processing and visualizations of the simulation data.
- Analyzes large amounts of simulation data to find patterns.
- Develops automation scripts in Python.
- Works closely with other R&D engineers to create reports.
- Assumes responsibility for aspects of projects.
- Completes assignments with limited oversight.
This opportunity is a paid, full time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming summer internship program:
May 18th, 2020—August 14th, 2020
June 22nd, 2020—September 11th, 2020
Local candidates preferred; there will be no houisng offered.
- MSc or PhD (preferred) in Mechanical engineering or related fields (Aerospace engineering, Structural engineering, etc.) from an accredited program
- 2+ years of finite element analysis experience
- High level of proficiency in at least one FEA software (HyperWorks and LS-Dyna are preferred)
- 2+ years of coding experience (Python is preferred)
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Familiarity with Python packages: Pandas, NumPy, Plotly/Matplotlib, SciPy
- An enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and understanding how things work
- Ability to work independently to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong technical/verbal communication and presentation skills