CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with strong background in finite element analysis (FEA) for an internship position. The intern will work with a group of Mechanical and Software Engineers and Data Scientists in the Research and Development (R&D) team. They will come up with ideas, experiment with them, and try to bring them to a product level. The focus of this job is on both FEA simulations and data analysis. A qualified candidate has extensive experience in FEA and structural mechanics looking to work in a fast-paced research environment. Experience in data science is highly favorable.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Performs Finite Element modeling and simulations.
- Works with pre-processing software and prepare FEA models.
- Performs post-processing and visualizations of the simulation data.
- Analyzes large amounts of simulation data to find patterns.
- Develops automation scripts in Python.
- Works closely with other R&D engineers to create reports.
- Assumes responsibility for aspects of projects.
- Completes assignments with limited oversight.
- MSc or PhD (preferred) in Mechanical engineering or related fields (Aerospace engineering, Structural engineering, etc.) from an accredited program
- 2+ years of finite element analysis experience
- High level of proficiency in at least one FEA software (HyperWorks and LS-Dyna are preferred)
- 2+ years of coding experience (Python is preferred)
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Familiarity with Python packages: Pandas, NumPy, Plotly/Matplotlib, SciPy
- An enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and understanding how things work
- Ability to work independently to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong technical/verbal communication and presentation skills