Sales Intern - Summer 2019
PAID SUMMER SALES INTERN
Help us as we work directly with America’s best employers to bring joy and gratitude to millions of employees.
At PerkSpot we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like United Airlines, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Founded in 2006. Profitable and growing. We’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
We’re a team of fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, stock a good beer selection, and work to the background of our office Spotify playlists.
From Sales to Marketing to Product, we’re hiring qualified, paid, interns in virtually every department this summer. Our goal is to host a great team of people who want to get their hands dirty, gain experience, and help us meet our mission as we build our business: to inspire employees everywhere to love where they work by delivering meaningful savings and recognition in their workplace.
- We aim higher: You’re a go-getter. You love being able to embrace projects and make them your own. You’ll push us to be better and leave your mark on our business.
- We value people: You’re happy to work independently but also love collaborating. You value your team members and the people we serve at PerkSpot. You’ll work to make the experience better for both our users and our team.
- We stay humble: You should feel free to take risks and make mistakes. As a small team we rely on each other to get the job done and take responsibility for both our successes and our failures.
- We have fun: We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. We aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week, but we never take ourselves too seriously.
About the Position
Join a group of smart, motivated and goal-oriented sales professionals and gain experience as both a Sales Development Representative (SDR) and Business Development Representative (BDR) through this challenging role in the PerkSpot Sales Division.
- Learn how to prospect, qualify and nurture leads through a pipeline.
- Discover ways to find a competitive advantage.
- Gain experience working with enterprise Fortune 500 companies.
- Sales or Business Major Preferred
- Curious: you ask great questions and help clients solve difficult problems.
- Competitive Drive and Persistence: you’re hardworking, strategic, disciplined and focused.
Working at PerkSpot
You're going to grow - a lot. We're a big platform, but still a small team. That means we're going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, invest in you more and you're going to reap the professional benefits of that. You’ll become part of the family - not than just an intern, but a meaningful member of our community.
What’s more, you'll stand a little taller every time you walk into a DSW, Walgreens, Chipotle, or onto a United or Southwest Airlines flight, because you'll be playing a role in making those people love their jobs that much more. Imagine being excited to head to work each morning, because you know you'll be working in a place where you can actually get stuff done, surrounded by a group of people you're incredibly proud to be working with.
Yeah, you're also going to snag a few good deals for yourself, too.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a cover letter telling us how you stack up to the qualifications (a cover letter is very important to us), plus any others you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot.