Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
This person is responsible for making sure we are communicating with our internal Affirmers in a clear, concise, and thoughtful manner. We are at a pivotal juncture where many of our processes and ways of presenting information need to scale with the growth of the company.
In this position, you will play a meaningful role in both developing and executing internal communications strategies and materials. You will work closely with internal partners to directly handle our regular cadence of news and updates for employees, including executive memos, company policies, and operational updates. You will drive the strategy and implementation of the company’s internal intranet, bringing it to life as a hub of internal news, content, and resources for employees!
This role requires a strong communicator who can move quickly and articulately on super tight turnaround times! You will need to write, edit, review, and proof content to be consumed by an Affirm-wide audience. Strategic-thinking combined with swift execution will ensure Affirmers are well-informed and understand current happenings.
The objective of this role will be to lead communications & engagement for Affirm employees in an effort to:
- Drive company goals and principles;
- Increase employee engagement;
- Improve collaboration cross-departmentally and among teams;
- Boost business results by streamlining communication;
- Increase transparency and belonging.
- Build the roadmap for internal comms and drive execution keeping Affirmers informed, connected, and engaged with a lens on inclusive language and scalability across multiple time zones and countries.
- Review ERG communications and partner cross-functionally with the DEI team
- Run the strategy, agendas, and content for our bi-weekly All Teams meetings
- Ensure clear communication of employee-facing People programs, policies, and procedures
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization and consistent with external communication messages
- 10+ years of communications, writing, and/or HR experience in a high-growth environment
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills, and the ability to anticipate and preempt problems before they occur
- Demonstrates an understanding to navigate sophisticated technical systems like our internal intranet platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and polished presentation abilities
- Ability to work under pressure to adhere to tight, last-minute deadlines
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.