Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2018
What we do:
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.What you'll do:
Uptake is hiring skilled intern fullstack developers to bring amazing user interfaces to life on top of our platform. We need self-driven software engineers who are great problem solvers and collaborators that are excited to work on modern front-end and back-end technologies with an interest in learning Angular.js, Java, Spring, Elasticsearch and more.
- Currently working on Engineering or Computer Science Undergraduate or Master's degree
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Must have demonstrable programming skills
- Self-Driven technologist with a passion for technology
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Java/Spring
- Knowledge of agile terminology
- Real-world experience using Angular.js to build clean, fast, and functional Web applications
- Experience with version control (Git) in a production environment
- Experience with Karma and/or testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Mocha, or Protractor.
- Experience with developer toolchains: node/npm/Grunt/Gulp/Yeoman
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.