Software Engineer Internship 2020
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThis position is for a Software Engineering intern opportunity at Motorola Solutions in (Chicago IL). The Systems & Solutions team within the Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for Software Engineers who are passionate and proactive about building the next generation Public Safety and Video Security solutions. Our team matures breakthrough technology solutions and is the innovation engine for Motorola Solutions resulting in new and exciting products and solutions.
Software Engineers at Motorola Solutions will work with other engineers in the software design, development, integration, and test of mobile and cloud applications software on one or more mobile platforms for next generation subscriber devices, video analytic platforms, and wearable accessories concepts within the Systems & Solutions team. These projects include research of next generation technologies, detailed analysis of new and existing solutions, and implementation of prototype designs for customer trials and initial product introduction. These phases will be conducted with mentorship from Senior Engineers.
- Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies, including Smartphone architectures, geolocation technologies, camera/video technologies, touch screen displays, sensors, augmented/virtual reality, machine learning, data science, video analytics (e.g. OpenCV), and public and private WANs/PANs
- Knowledge in mobile application software development tools (e.g. Git, Gerrit, Node.js), testing, process (Agile, kanban) and configuration management
- Knowledge in cloud computing, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Dockerization, etc.
- Knowledge with networking protocols TCP/UDP, and also SIP, RTP, RTCP is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Team focused and self-motivated
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
- Graduation date must be on or after December 2020
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.