Software Engineer Internship at Cameo
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).About the Internship:
This internship is for the Summer of 2021. As a Software Engineer intern, you will build awesome full-stack user experiences that tackle real customer needs and help drive tons of revenue for Cameo. As a product engineering intern you can expect to work across backend, API, desktop, mobile and web.
As a member of our tight-knit engineering team, you will have a direct impact on the direction of our product and the technologies that we implement. You'll work with members of the engineering team to implement best practices and use the latest services and frameworks to build an innovative product that you're truly proud of.What you'll be doing and benefits of doing so:
- Immersing yourself on one of Cameo’s engineering teams working on real products for our customers and talent
- Working remotely from anywhere (with consistent internet access)
- Working alongside a dedicated mentor bringing you up to speed with our modern web tech stack and industry best practices
- Attending weekly lunch and learns with department heads across the company to learn the ins and outs of a high growth startup.
- Participating in weekly technical and product presentations from the Cameo Tech Team
- Having the opportunity to convert to a full time employee
- Currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university in Computer Science or a related programming degree
- Prior programming internship experience
- Expected graduation date of May 2022 or earlier
- Experience with React or another front-end framework, e.g. Vue/Angular
- Experience with ES6/Typescript
Bonus points if you have experience or are eager to learn about:
- Experience with MongoDB/Redis//Elasticsearch and SQL
- Familiarity with Expo/React native
- Familiarity with AWS S3/EKS/Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) such as Datadog or New Relic
- Familiarity with Python
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.