Software Engineer Internship at project44
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and advanced visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
The Software Engineer Intern will assist in the ongoing design of features, and applications for the project44 product suite and provide functional support.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop or maintain Java application including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and deployment as needed
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment using the latest technologies and tools
- Ability / Skill-set to use the best tool to get the job done
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a cloud-based platform and are constantly facing unchartered waters
- Strong desire to build products that will have a daily impact on one of the World’s largest industries
This is a great opportunity for a novice perusing a career in Software Engineering. The successful candidate will have a passion for building in multiple languages and a stickler for clean, clear and concise code. The ability to learn quickly and the desire to work with cutting edge technology stacks.
This role will be a paid internship and will be approximately 30-40 hours a week on-site. This internship can also be considered a mentorship, with the intern working closely with the engineering teams to develop, refine and expand on the intern’s creative and analytical abilities. Interns will leave this role with an understanding of what it takes to be successful in a startup.
The internship program kicks off June 3rd and is a ten week program.
Tools We Work With
- Ansible for configuration management and remote orchestration
- Linux (Ubuntu), Nginx, Spring Boot
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Zookeeper, ELK stack, Aurelia
- Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB
- Hadoop, Spark, Snowflake
- Zabbix, Grafana, New Relic
- Git, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Slack