At Topstep, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
We’re a small but growing technology team who relies heavily on each member to contribute at each step of the development process, from requirements gathering through to development and feedback. This role is exciting because you will get to own what you do and gain exposure to our customer-facing application. If you like working cross-departmentally and having insight and influence on decisions, you’ll love this opportunity. The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on, keeping in mind that we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The Software Engineer Intern role is an ideal opportunity to join a team with direct impact on our highest level company priorities
- The role is also a great fit for candidates who want to gain experience at a fin-tech startup
- You will onboard with another intern, work on a internal project, and will get to experience the full lifecycle of software development at Topstep
- You will be an active member within the broader tech team and gain industry experience within an agile environment
- You will be paired with a mentor that will help you examine your career goals and overall growth
- This is a great opportunity to learn about the trading industry and financial markets without the pressure of working directly in it
- You can also learn about how a small company runs and makes decisions. We’re really transparent about everything from leadership decisions to numbers tracking
The Ideal Candidate
- Working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Related degrees are also accepted, such as Information Systems or Computer Engineering.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Familiarity with data structures. A basic understanding and having taken a course related to it.
- Self-starting mindset is crucial. You should be able to independently navigate ambiguous tasks and ask for advice when appropriate.
- Communication skills. You love to think about the best ways to solve problems we’re working on, so you have to have the ability to clearly communicate those ideas.
- Open-minded and collaborative. Being open to using different tools and willingness to work closely on a team are essential for your happiness and success here.
- Ability to use discretion and critical thinking. One of our company values is ‘Empowered people yield great results’, so we’re looking for someone who wants to learn and grow.
Is Topstep the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.