Software Engineer (Summer 2022 Internship Research Park) at Motorola Solutions (Remote)
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThis is a part-time internship position for Summer 2022 located at UIUC Research Park in Champaign, IL. Only UIUC students are eligible to apply.
Positions are available for working on a wide range of products, applications, and services such as:
- Software development for Mission Critical Communication Systems
- Application development and security solutions for mobile devices on Android and iOS platforms
- Cyber security threat prevention associated with the deployment of on-premise infrastructure, mobile, and cloud based technology
- Customer facing application development
- Controller, gateway, and base station software development
- Motorola Solutions is looking for candidates with strong interests in:
- Cloud computing
- Microservices-based application development and container-based software deployment and orchestration.
- Data analytics, including data lake and machine learning technologies
- Cybersecurity and secure computing solutions, including best practices, development methodologies, protocols, and key management.
- Mission critical feature and application development
Candidates are expected to work in a team environment utilizing the latest industry standard agile practices for planning, implementing, and delivering products and services.
- Team software development using Agile practices
- Microservices-based software architecture and containerization
- Security concepts such as authentication, access control, authorization, cryptography, least privilege.
- Cloud-based or embedded-computing software development experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.