Software Engineer in Test, Intern at project44
Software Engineer Intern
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
The Software Engineer Intern will assist in the ongoing design of features, and applications for the project44 product suite and provide functional support.
This is a 14-week training program that will be unpaid. Applications must be local to Chicago. The program will take place summer 2020.
What you’re most excited for:
- Develop or maintain Java application including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and deployment as needed
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment using the latest technologies and tools
- Ability / Skillset to use the best tool to get the job done
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a cloud-based platform and are constantly facing unchartered waters
- Strong desire to build products that will have a daily impact on one of the World’s largest industries
- Work on a long-term project that will be presented companywide at the end of the internship
- Upcoming Junior, Senior or recent graduate- with a degree in Computer Science
- Ability to be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- You have a passion for technology and being at a start-up
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.