Software Engineering Intern - Java (Summer 2020) at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Command and Control Location Services team develops software solutions both in the cloud and on-premises serving some of the largest 911 dispatch centers in the United States. Our products allow customers to respond effectively in mission-critical operating environments and we’re looking for world-class innovative and motivated engineers interested in building software and systems that truly make a difference.
We are seeking a software engineering intern to work as a contributing member of an advanced software development team. As an intern, you will work with the team's lead software engineers on projects that are closely aligned with our product milestones.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in formal design and implementation activities.
- Developing requirements, code and unit and other automated testing solutions.
- Providing engineering management with accurate effort estimates for projected work.
- Effectively collaborating with technical leaders in a multi-team environment.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Experience with the Java programming language.
- Understanding of object oriented coding and design principles.
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts related to the implementation and deployment of distributed microservices, such as REST API theory of operation, messaging (e.g. Azure Event Hubs), and data storage/retrieval (e.g. in-memory cache, database).
- Able to troubleshoot and debug issues.
Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field with a graduation date on or after December 1st, 2020.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.