Software Engineering Summer Intern
Position Title: Software Engineering Intern
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Internship Length: 10 weeks
Weekly Commitment: 40 hours
Collaborates with: Product Management department, potential customers and current users, Technology Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, and self-motivated intern to join the NowPow Engineering team. A good candidate should have a passion for and experience with Web/UI technologies. Experience with the .NET framework, C#, and Microsoft Azure is a plus. Most of development will be .NET development with C#. NowPow interns work directly with our engineering team, and will work on new features, Azure automation, and helping with architecture initiatives (including blue/green deployment automation, test automation framework development, and Azure auto-scaling research).
- Help develop and design web-based technology and applications using the .NET Framework.
- Participate in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Work with the Product Management team to build great software for our customers.
- Work on the full stack of the NowPow product suite and MAPSCorps tools, including front-end UI, back-end web service and data tools, reporting and analytics tools, and build and deployment automation.
- Work within the NowPow development processes.
- Quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Work in a test-driven development environment.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Accurately track and manage project task, activity, and documentation for your assigned work.
- Work with other team members effectively.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Enrolled in a quantitative degree - computer science, or equivalent.
- Experience with Web UI Technologies and Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with new technologies.
- Passion to build great software.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries. Experience with SQL Server a plus.