Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
As a Software Security intern with our Information Security team, this role for verifying that our cloud based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) web applications are secure. With the team, this role will be involved in performing threat modeling, security assessments, and ethical hacking of our web applications.
Are you the teammate that we are looking for?
Who you are:
· Passionate about information security and privacy
· Well versed in security issues affecting financial service organizations as well as widespread data center operations, such as cloud and mobile technology solutions
· An advocate for continuous improvement
· Ability to anticipate problems and recommend decisive action
· Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
· A self-motivated individual eager to learn, ask questions, and partner with a mentor to complete tasks with high quality
How we work:
· Casual, collaborative environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
· Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
· Close working relationships across all areas of the organization
· Focus on outcomes and learning
What we offer:
· A strong commitment to Information Security both financially and organizationally
· An existing talented and passionate Information Security team
· The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
· A collaborative environment where our security team is empowered to help steer the direction of the team
· A place to contribute your security knowledge company-wide through forum panels with our product development team
· Junior or senior working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Business, Computer Science, Information Security, or related field or equivalent experience, with proven academic record and minimum of 3.2 GPA
· Passion for information security
· Basic understanding of OWASP Top 10, Testing Guide, ASVS and other software security best practices
· Basic knowledge of penetration testing against a wide variety of application layer platforms, including web, mobile, thick client, and Reverse Engineering, above and beyond running automated tools
· Possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
· Be self-driven, creative, resourceful, and effective in problem solving
· Must be willing to learn how to work effectively in a team environment
During the last three months, you would have:
· Contributed to the Information Security team and contributed to many projects that you are proud of
· Performed security assessments and ethical hacking on our web applications.
· Learned something that you are excited about.
· Found innovative ways to increase the quality of your work
· Exercised creativity and solved cool problems
· Demonstrated passion for security
· Shared your knowledge and interests with others
· Built relationships and had exposure to various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
· Assisted in managing risks, escalating priorities and helping to resolve issues that could impact production quality
· Shared feedback on the program
· Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014
· 7-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
· Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
· Ranked #14 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2014
· Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
· Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
· Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America
Read Full Job Description