Solutions Consultant Intern
Label Insight is the industry leader in powering product attribute-driven growth across the consumer-packaged goods ecosystem. Our patented technology harnesses data science and machine learning to create best-in-class product attribute data with more than 22,000 high-order attributes per product.
Covering more than 80 percent of top selling food, pet, and personal care items in the U.S., Label Insight enables companies to unlock new growth opportunities and power digital innovation across our business while empowering consumers to make more informed purchasing decisions with better product transparency.
With locations in Chicago and St. Louis, we support industry leading clients including Unilever, ConAgra, Pepsi, Walmart, Target, Albertsons, Petco, Meijer, Dole and numerous other CPG brands and retailers.
About the role:
The Label Insight Data Strategy Solution (DSS) Intern will learn how Label Insight empowers the food industry to delivery health and wellness initiatives through product data. The DSS intern will work closely with the Solutions Consultants, Data Strategy & Solutions, Sales, and Product departments to develop an understanding of product offerings and help implement customer solutions and ongoing improvements for Label Insight customers.
- Attend pre-sale calls and client meetings with an understanding of Label Insight’s product offerings, particularly for grocery/retail customers
- Research marketing claims, ingredients, nutrition/nutrients, regulations & guidelines,
consumer facing attributes, and upcoming market trends in relation to data points
- Provide consultation and guidance to retail and CPG partners on strategy specific to nutrition and shopper trends
- Contribute to marketing content and blog posts as needed
- Interns are expected to develop professional ethics, professional skills, enhanced communication skills, and a commitment to lifelong learning and continued professional development
- Some level of administrative tasks is expected, such as drafting documents, taking notes, creating and answering support tickets, or similar
- Entering junior or senior year of college, within a graduate school program, or a recent college graduate studying nutrition, food science, public health, or relevant field
- Ability to quickly pivot between assignments and carry out multiple tasks or projects with a high level of independence and efficiency
- Self-motivated individual who approaches situations with a positive, problem-solving attitude
- Comfortable navigating computer programs, preferably with some experience in data processing and/or management utilizing programs such as Microsoft Office (Excel) and Google Apps (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides)
At the end of this internship you will have:
- An understanding of data attribution and shopper trends to developing and implementing solutions for existing and potential customers
- Understanding of critical regulations applicable to food and beverage products
- Navigated and spoken knowledgeable about softwares such as Slack, JIRA, MySQL, ZenDesk, SalesForce, Label Insight Explore, and other internal applications
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration and Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities