Strategic Vertical Intern
SpotHero is seeking a summer Strategic Vertical Intern who will help us grow our monthly parking business. In this role, you will sharpen your project management skills by working cross-functionally with multiple departments, including sales, product, and marketing. You will be responsible for research and analysis, which will help to answer critical questions about our monthly parking business. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to and learn from one of Chicago’s fastest-growing tech companies!
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Research the monthly parking market, providing insights on competitors, trends, consumers, and parking partners (clients).
- Analyze internal and external data to answer critical questions around how we should grow our monthly parking business.
- Develop project management skills through building cross-functional relationships and gaining business knowledge in order to facilitate projects and support execution.
- Lead and present on 2-3 meaningful projects over the course of the summer.
- Analytical. You pursue insights that provide thoughtful answers to complex problems.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; you’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Organized and detail oriented. You have time management down to a science, great follow through on tasks, and superior organizational skills.
- A strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills are outstanding and enable you to clearly articulate ideas to anyone and everyone who crosses your path.
What you bring:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or a recent college graduate.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA required. All majors welcome, business or economics major preferred.
- Passionate about SpotHero’s mission and eager to contribute to a fast-growing tech company.
- Proficient with Excel.
What we are offering:
- 12 week paid summer internship.
- Casual dress code and fun work environment.
- Fun perks like catered lunches and SpotHero swag.
- Ownership of your projects, contributing meaningful work to the company.
- Work collaboratively with small teams, gaining hands-on, applicable real world experience.
- An incredible opportunity to get involved with a successful Chicago based tech company.
- A workplace recognized as a Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.