Internships at OppFi
At OppFi, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you'll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you'll do within your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
The Strategy, Operational Excellence and Partnership (SOEP) team is the most valuable partner improving risk-management, control-design and co-execution of internal/Bank processes that guide OppFi's growth.
You will work with the Operational Excellence and Resolutions part of the group that improves the process and risk-management capabilities of OppFi's control owners through excellent issue-resolution, root-cause analytics, reporting, control-design advisory and exam-management.
- Develop and likely present reporting and trend analytics for operational risk exposure and mitigation activities that goes to the CEO and President of OppFi across all departments.
- Perform root cause analysis for risk issues (e.g., issues, complaints, defects, findings) with compelling reporting for all organizational levels to improve overall change-management capabilities (e.g., new projects).
- Implement multiple strategies and process-improvement efforts across OppFi to improve risk-management, control-design and co-execution of internal/Bank processes.
- Oversee documentation and evidence provided to support the closure and remediation of issues.
- Establish escalation protocols associated with issues and reporting to guide appropriate ownership and resolution.
- Prepare and support partners for all exam management from self-disclosure identification, engagement, and final report remediations.
- Graduating in June 2023 or December 2022.
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, STEM, or equivalent work/internship experience.
- Experience with Excel (can perform complex functions) and SQL.
- Passion for customer experience and quality assurance.
- Work with a diverse team.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]