At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
As our Strategy Intern you will be responsible for supporting strategic planning at OneSpan. You will analyze data regarding company and industry performance drivers, quantify implications of current market trends, and identify specific opportunities to improve profitability for OneSpan. A key part of your role will be focused on conducting external research and data analysis to inform strategic priorities for the company. This opportunity is a paid fulltime, summer internship
Key responsibilities and duties:
Strategic Presentation Materials:
- Contribute to drafting strategy documents including written summaries, executive introductions and background information on key topics
- Develop charts and graphics that illuminate key data points and important themes of evolving strategic plans.
- Assist in reviewing and editing corporate strategy documents
- Identify and prioritize strategic questions to answer through market research and external data analysis (e.g., wallboard market forecasting, emerging market trends)
- Identify potential data sources to inform key questions, establish relationships with relevant third parties, and aggregate available data (e.g., Commercial real estate broker data)
- Combine market forecasts, emerging trends, and implications for OneSpan executive team (e.g., demand forecast by vertical, impact of demographic trends on construction industry)
Strategic Data Analysis
- Collect and aggregate both internal and external data across a wide range of data sources to inform potential future-state market and product scenarios that could drive organic growth for OneSpan (e.g., innovation trends, product opportunities, impact on profitability)
- Manipulate and analyze external market/economic data and generate high-level insights to inform strategic decision making (e.g., data analysis to develop a market forecasting model)
- Perform additional data collection and analysis as needed to inform advanced analytics efforts for high-priority strategic issues (e.g., industry vertical sales by metropolitan area)
- Currently enrolled in an MBA degree program with a focus in business, finance or technology.
- Financial Insight – familiarity and experience with financial metrics, enterprise finance application data, and management reporting
- Strategic thinking – experience in a technical or business role requiring an understanding of business performance drivers, familiarity with markets and distribution channel dynamics, and overall industry trends
- Market research – experience with mining publicly available data and forming relationships with third party data providers to better understand customer behaviors and market implications
- Data analysis – experience with aggregating, cleaning, and analyzing large data sets from a wide range of heterogeneous data sources
- Process management – experience defining and managing complex data manipulation processes across internal and external stakeholders
We offer unlimited potential with a leader in delivering trust and business productivity solutions. OneSpan offers the ideal setting for ambitious professionals looking for more than just a job. Our international team is comprised of dedicated and resourceful people who are building an incredible success story in the digital world. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits packages including health, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurances, tuition reimbursement, company contribution on 401(K), Employee Assistance Program, free use of onsite fitness center in some locations, and a casual work environment among other benefits. If you are an ambitious professional who is looking to help push OneSpan to the next level, we would be interested in hearing from you.