Summer 2019 - Software Development Intern
Solstice has an exciting paid internship opportunity for a Software Development Intern. We have hired many of our interns into positions and consider this a very strategic entry point into the firm. The Software Development intern will help develop new software for internal and external (client-facing) projects across various Mobile, Web, Cloud, and AI technologies. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and hardworking with strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize. We have multiple openings and are currently hiring interns for Summer 2019.
- Junior standing working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Software Development experience through classwork, personal study, and projects, or past internship(s)
- Analytical mind with a strong background and familiarity with OO technologies and programming
- Great communication and problem-solving skills and enjoy working on a team
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you are constantly looking to improve and push your boundaries
- Quick learner – you enjoy working with emerging technology and are always on the lookout for what’s next
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic – you are a proactive, self-starter who enjoys working in a high energy, rapidly growing environment
- You have an interest in consulting
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building Full Stack Applications across multiple technologies, including React, Angular and Node.js
- Building on top of emerging technologies including Cloud, Progressive Web Applications, Blockchain, AI and Machine Learning, Facial Recognition, Data Platforms (Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks), IoT/sensors, Computer Vision, AI-at-the-Edge and Interactive Environments.
- Supporting our research and development efforts
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware, and open source technologies
- Working with social media and assisting with marketing department projects
- Learning about proper documentation for your code
- Working in our office 40 hours per week
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.