We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing FinTech company that provides accessible and simple-to-understand lending products for middle-income consumers with five-star customer service. We’re growing fast with profitable returns, and new employees can make an immediate impact.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
If you want to have a tremendous impact at one of the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies, we want to hear from you. The internship will provide valuable experience in finance and strategy that cover projects within the following areas:
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Work with the FP&A team on all aspects of financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, high-level analytics, and cash forecasting.
- Capital Markets – Within the Capital Markets function we manage our capital and funding sources. We raise capital and optimize the liabilities side of our balance sheet.
- Corporate Strategy – Exposure to corporate strategy and development and how finance plays an essential role in that process. Collect and analyze data which will guide our strategic outlook.
Key Job Responsibilities:
At OppLoans, interns aren't simply doing rudimentary tasks or chores. They're given opportunities that require high levels of critical thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Every summer, interns have been responsible for creating systems, tools, or practices that have substantially impacted our bottom line. You'll work with your manager to set goals and measure performance along the way.
Specific projects may include:
- Develop dynamic driver-based, real-time financial modeling focused on projecting cash flow, income statement, and balance sheet impacts based across a multitude of scenarios.
- Revamp management reporting to ‘public company’ quality earnings releases and investor presentations.
- Partner closely with Capital Markets team on complex financing structures.
- Define and manage interest rate and other financial risks on the balance sheet; recommend and execute strategies to manage risks.
- Develop competitive intelligence frameworks to benchmark company vs. the market.
- Develop unit economic models to evaluate return on capital from different products and geographic markets.
We're seeking passionate, innovative problem solvers with a desire to have a real impact.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access. We offer a great compensation and benefits package for full-time employees to support you at work and outside of work as you grow your career with us. These include a free gym membership, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks available, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.