Summer 2020 - UX Design Intern at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
As a UX Design Intern, you’ll work on a project-based team to ideate and iterate on products, services, and experiences. You’ll be responsible for leveraging UX research insights, communicating your ideas visually, designing concepts for interaction, understanding and organizing complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices, and working with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences.
What we are looking for in you:
- Pursuing or recently completed your Bachelor's degree in design, art, or a related field
- Interested in understanding user experience problems and consulting clients on solutions
- Passionate about digital applications and emerging technologies
- Confident in presenting to teammates and stakeholders, critiquing constructively, and receiving feedback
- Comfortable with UI design software (Sketch, Adobe XD, or other similar applications)
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of software development is a plus
- A compassionate mindset of ethical, inclusive human-centered design
- An online portfolio of case studies demonstrating your experience in design
What you can expect:
- Work alongside some of the best, brightest, and nicest!
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team for 40 hours per week from our office
- Learn from our experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy. You’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you too!
- You’ll be matched with your own mentor to help answer questions and guide growth
- Many of our interns accept full-time offers!
Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It’s important to us that our Kin are able to show up as their full selves everyday. We place great value in diversity and inclusivity in our hiring process and workspace, and actively work to prevent bias and discrimination, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, and veteran status.
If you need accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.