Summer 2020 - UX Design Intern
At Solstice | Kin + Carta, we research, design, and build innovative experiences for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. As a UX Design Intern, you’ll work on a project-based team to ideate and iterate on products, services, and experiences. You’ll be responsible for leveraging UX research insights, communicating your ideas visually, designing concepts for interaction, understanding and organizing complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices, and working with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences.
What we are looking for in you:
- Pursuing or recently completed your Bachelor's degree in design, art, or a related field
- Interested in understanding user experience problems and consulting clients on solutions
- Passionate about digital applications and emerging technologies
- Confident in presenting to teammates and stakeholders, critiquing constructively, and receiving feedback
- Comfortable with UI design software (Sketch, Adobe XD, or other similar applications)
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of software development is a plus
- A compassionate mindset of ethical, inclusive human-centered design
- An online portfolio of case studies demonstrating your experience in design
What you can expect:
- Work alongside some of the best, brightest, and nicest!
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team for 40 hours per week from our office
- Learn from our experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy. You’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you too!
- You’ll be matched with your own mentor to help answer questions and guide growth
- Many of our interns accept full-time offers!
Solstice | Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It’s important to us that Solsties are able to show up as their full selves everyday. We place great value in diversity and inclusivity in our hiring process and workspace, and actively work to prevent bias and discrimination, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, and veteran status.
If you need accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.