Summer Intern - Marketing & Communications
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
We are seeking a smart, self-motivated, and resourceful individual to join our Marketing team as a Marketing and Communications Intern. This intern will learn how to effectively communicate the TMS brand story to the right internal and external stakeholders. This individual will work closely with the Vice President of Global Marketing and Communications who is responsible for developing and executing the communications strategy for the North Amercian TMS office, while building connections with counterparts in the EU (and Asia).
- Research relevant award and speaking opportunities and maintain calendars
- Identify company/executive opportunities with relevant trade publications and maintain editorial calendars
- Creation of external communications materials including press releases, pitches and responding to local media requests
- Creation of internal communications materials including company/emloyee newsletters
- Participation in the Get Closer Committee to foster positive agency culture and creativity
Desired Skills & Experience
- Current student working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or other related field
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in a marketing or communications role
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Extremely organized with an impeccable eye for detail
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced, repetitive environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Effective problem solver and able to navigate through any situation
- Ability to quickly understand new processes and identify operational opportunities
- A commitment to exceptional service and delivery
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.