Systems Engineering Co-Op (T4E) - 2021 at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions' North America Solutions and Services team delivers mission critical secure twoway radio and wireless broadband systems to meet the needs of public safety, government, and enterprise customers worldwide. Today's communications systems are a hybrid of RF systems and IP data networks. Systems engineers design and integrate wireless communications systems to meet these customer requirements. Our Engineering Team implements systems in Georgia and the Carolinas by designing and implementing integrated two-way radio communications systems using technologies based upon APCO Project 25 and other standards projects in the State and Local Government Public Safety market.
- Assist Lead Engineers with pre-sale design and post-sale implementation technical support on two-way radio and other communications product applications for Southeast U.S. Public Safety Customer accounts.
- Work with and assist a team including Sales, System Integrators, Product Engineers, Program Managers and Senior Systems Engineers to implement wireless communication solutions for voice, data and integrated infrastructure systems.
- Assisting Systems Engineers with conducting customer needs assessments and analysis, performing RF coverage and interference predictions, designing equipment layouts and antenna configurations, determining RF Link budgets and Telco requirements, performing coverage and operational testing, and the design and configuration of communications networks.
- Depending on project assignment, location, and schedule, some travel may be required.
- Ability to present technical materials to non-technical audiences.
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills Good written and verbal presentation skills.
- Knowledge of RF propagation and/or telecommunications networks a plus.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree program - graduation date of Dec 2021 or later.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.