Talent Acquisition Intern
The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company’s infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
The Role: Morningstar seeks an intern to support our centralized talent acquisition team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable work experience and exposure to the end to end processes that support creating an exceptional employee experience. This is a terrific role for someone exploring a career in Human Resources. These are part-time paid internships that require working at least all day Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/Friday at least 20-25 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours during the summer and break periods. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Assist the human resources team with a variety of projects including recruiting, training, interviewing, event coordination, employee communications, and other areas.
• Post open positions on college and various job posting websites and utilize social media to increase qualified candidate pools.
• Screen and interview candidates for other intern positions, while championing the type of high caliber talent we aim to attract.
• Schedule phone and in-office interviews and distribute exercises to candidates for various roles.
• Maintain and update employee information in HR information systems and reports. This role will gain exposure to the latest enterprise cloud technologies that support running a business.
• Perform ad-hoc troubleshooting and tasks to support both flawless process execution and supporting leaders and managers in maintaining a positive work environment and exceptional employee service.
• Must be currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills.
• Flexible, self-starter who can work independently with strong attention to detail and has an interest in different aspects of human resources.
• Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to step forward and make contributions for the betterment of Morningstar and its employees.
• Previous recruiting or customer service experience is a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application materials. Please specify GPA and current work availability in resume or cover letter.