Trading Experience for Women - Summer 2019 Internship
Located in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, PEAK6 is redefining what it means to be an investment firm. We operate with a focused, entrepreneurial drive and we constantly push ourselves to think differently all the time.
We’ve taken our passion for the markets and developed a unique trading experience designed specifically to introduce women to the trading industry. Our Trading Experience is designed to encourage smart, ambitious, competitive women to break the mold. We’ve heard all the myths about trading—too cutthroat, too intense, too risky—but we know that’s not the case at PEAK6. To us, investing in women is a solid strategy. Women can make outstanding traders, but there are not enough female traders in the field yet.
Our 10-week Trading Experience will introduce you to the basics of trading, help you see how empowering trading can be, and help you develop key skills that you’ll leverage throughout your career (even if you decide trading isn’t for you). You’ll have an opportunity to interact and collaborate with our traders on a daily basis, allowing you to experience first-hand the level of teamwork we embrace at PEAK6.
If you’re concerned about not having the right experience, don’t worry—we’ll teach you everything you need to know!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Learning advanced option theory and the basics of volatility trading
- Experimenting with PEAK6’s proprietary trading tools and technology
- Testing, analyzing and coding your own trading strategies
- Communicating, learning from, and articulating your ideas and strategies to senior trading partners
You’ll gain loads of experience in our Trading Experience but before you do, you should have:
- Junior standing (graduating between December 2019 – June 2020) or interested sophomores can interview for early admittance into the 2020 internship program
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and a drive to improve
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to thrive in collaborative environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.