User Experience Design Intern
User Experience Design Intern
Product Experience | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team - Design, Information, and Insights - focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
DocuSign is seeking a User Experience Design Intern to help us build new products and expand into new markets. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic designer who is hungry for a challenge and eager to make an impact. This is a 12-week (start/end date flexible) internship reporting to the Manager, User Experience Design.
● Learn about the design process, pushing yourself to take chances and explore big ideas before narrowing in on feasible, inventive solutions that consider the small details.
● Get to know how our partners work, including product management, engineering, user research and tech writers.
● Work on a project that is tailored to your interests and skill set, with potential deliverables including storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect visual assets for web and mobile.
● Participate in team critiques by presenting work and providing thoughtful feedback on projects others are working on.
● Work within DocuSign’s design system to maintain consistency across the ecosystem.
● Utilize all available data points at your disposal, such as analytics and user research.
● Contribute to a creative, supportive culture for the entire UX Design team.
● Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or above in a design-related field.
● Online portfolio of your work (add website and/or upload work samples to system when applying, if not on resume)
● Talented designer who wants to learn more about the dynamic nature of dreaming big, yet working within constraints to deliver products that people love
● Natural communicator who clearly articulates design decisions.
● Curious, open-minded and ego-free, with a growth mindset who thrives on continuous learning.
● Personal motivation and drive to get things done in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
● An interest in all facets of UX design, from interaction and visual design to prototyping and user research.
● Experience with design and prototyping tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision and Principle.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.