UX Design Internship at iManage
What is iManage U?
iManage U provides students the chance to experience a dynamic, rapid growth technology company first hand. iManage will provide a structured 10-week paid internship program which delivers project-based activities, improved knowledge of business fundamentals, tackling complex problem solving, collaboration & team building and some fun Chicago experiences along the way! This year, iManage U is set to kick of Monday, June 10th and wrap up Friday, August 16th.
Goals of the Program:
- MAKE AN IMPACT: Leave your mark on your team by owning and completing assigned project
- MENTORSHIP: Learn from teammates across departments & gain perspectives from a diversity of people
- NETWORKING: Meet & connect with as many interns and iManage employees as possible both during & after work hours
- GUEST SPEAKERS: Learn from our leadership team and ask questions during our lunch and learns!
- GIVE BACK: Make a difference locally by volunteering in the community
- FUN: Enjoy social events, and everything Chicago has to offer this summer!
What Can You Expect?
The UX team is made up of several UX designers (various degrees of seniority), a graphic artist and a couple of UX researchers. Together we’re responsible for 25+ enterprise products which span web, desktop and mobile platforms. Our products have won multiple industry awards over the past couple years and as we continue improving and creating new products each year, you will have an opportunity to join our diverse (people from 8 countries) hard-working, collaborative, fun-loving, ass-kicking team.
- Provide focused UX support for one of the products from the iManage portfolio
- Create user flows
- Work with iManage design library
- Deliver clickable prototypes for new/refined product features
- Conduct UX research for the selected product
- Run usability tests
- Analyze findings and propose design decisions
- Review analytics to support your recommendations
- Collaborate with Product Management & Development team
- Work with PM team to understand business & user requirements for the selected product
- Ensure proper implementation of provided designs
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for students who are hungry to learn and passionate about technology. You enjoy working within a collaborative team and take ownership on meaningful projects that will impact our over one million users. To break it down more, see below:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following areas: HCI, UX, Interactive Design
- Technical skills
- Familiarity with Figma/Sketch/AdobeXD
- Familiarity with Adobe CS (AI, PS)
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Understanding of UX process (research, design, prototyping, iteration)
- Familiarity with Agile process
- Desire to learn and try new things
- Willingness to work hard and take feedback
- Strong communication & presentation skills
iManage transforms how professionals in legal, accounting and financial services get work done by combining the power of artificial intelligence with market leading document and email management. iManage automates routine cognitive tasks, provides powerful insights and streamlines how professionals work while maintaining the highest level of security and governance over critical client and corporate data. Over one million professionals at over 3,000 organizations in over 65 countries – including more than 2,000 law firms and 500 corporate legal departments – rely on iManage to deliver great client work.