UX Research Intern
G2 is offering a paid internship this summer. We’re seeking a ‘both sides of the brain’ mind with an unbridled fervor for acquiring and analyzing information around user experiences on our website. In this position , you will regularly inform design decisions around Content Acquisition, User-Generated Content as well as our general UX / UI decision process. You will also have the eyes, ears, and mentorship of a team comprised of like-minded professionals.
Other than working with an amazing team to gain real-world experience and killer networking connections you’ll be working at a centrally located downtown office, enjoy catered lunches and experience a rapidly innovative tech culture.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative UX data in a breadth of shapes and sizes
- Beta test projects and widgets, allowing for us to iterate on real-user feedback prior to full release
- Set up and utilize focus groups from Fortune 500 enterprise partners
- Report to — and receive mentorship from professional with years of experience in UX
- Run and analyze tests around user onboarding, value props, and general UX impact
- Analyze trust factors and confidence indicators for users when making decisions about buying software
- Assist with the establishment of UX personas related to User-Generated Content and Vendors
- Assist with the establishment of a system of record for UX data
- Compile the most (and least) frequented pages to map the user journey
- Pursuing or recently completed a degree related to UX Design, UX Research, Human Centered Design, Anthropology, Sociology, or a comparable field
- Experience with user research method theory and methods
- An inquisitive mind
- A passion for every component of the user experience
- Strong time management skills
- Great communication skills
The current approach to buying business technology is broken. Buyers spend too much time sifting through spin, reading outdated analyst reports, and sitting through endless meetings. After all this, buyers still lack confidence in their choice of technology and most projects fail to meet their expectations. We (G2) will change this. By capturing our collective wisdom, we will make purchasing business technology as easy as buying consumer products.