Visual Design 2021 Internship at Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewWant to design products that actually matter? Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design? At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in moments that matter. We help firefighters see into burning buildings and police officers see around street corners. We are making public safety smarter by envisioning new technology for the future.The INNOVATION DESIGN TEAM at MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS is seeking a User Experience Designer who is passionate about the same things we are: Future-facing technology, tackling complex problems, and the power of Design to make a difference in the lives of an incredible Mission Critical user group including Police, Fire, and EMS, as well as in Mission Essential commercial markets. Come work with our award winning design team.
As a Visual Design Virtual Intern on the UX Design team you will….
- Work in a small team envisioning the future, designing end to end solutions for in-field users across diverse areas, including government, public safety and enterprise.
- Be an integral part of a growing team that is involved in strategic and innovative projects that will lead the company's vision.
- Collaborate with UX researchers to capture and synthesize insights from the field to enable UX designers to ideate, prototype and deliver designs to development teams to make them a reality.
- Contribute to future envisioning efforts in the form of design exercises, brainstorming sessions/workshops as needed within the team.
- Be someone that will approach each project as part of a greater strategy.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for research-fueled rapid ideation
- Holistic understanding of visual design between hardware and software
- Self-starter and a strong desire for team collaboration
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling skills as well as a command of design thinking principles and best practices
- Knowledge and experience in Mobile UI/UX design preferred
- Knowledge and experience in services UI/UX design preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe CC, Figma or other industry standard tools
The 2022 virtual internship program will be 12-weeks, starting Monday, May 16, and ending Friday, August 5, 2021.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in a design related field (UI/UX design, Interaction design, services design, design communication)
- Graduation date MUST be on or after December 2022
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.